A TRACK RECORD OF DELIVERY A PROMISE OF MORE
When I stood for election as Mayor in 2012, I made 5 simple pledges and each and every one has been achieved.
But the one achievement I am most proud of is that our City has continued to grow and improve despite a 58% cut in our funding from government. It is the most difficult financial settlement in the history of our city, but with hard work and good partnerships we have kept key vital services going. Not one library, leisure centre, children's centre or youth centre has closed.
The key challenge for the next Mayor is to avoid the temptation of empty gestures, and continue growing the city as our funding shrinks further. I have a track record of delivery and a promise of more.
We face major challenges in our city, but they are outweighed by the opportunities we have. I want to seize them for the city's future. That’s why I’m proudly standing as Labour’s Mayor and why I’m asking for your support.
My pledges for the future are:
- I will continue to ensure stability and growth for Liverpool in the face of continued financial challenges.
- Liverpool will set up an innovative Housing Company to build 10,000 rent-to-buy homes to tackle inequality and affordability.
- I pledge to make Liverpool a learning city.
- Liverpool will set up an innovative Energy Company to provide affordable energy for Liverpool Households.
- Liverpool will be the cleanest and greenest city in the UK.
- Make Liverpool the best place in the UK to run a business.
- We will explore a bid for the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
Click the image to view my manifesto
IN 2012 I PROMISED TO...
Latest NewsView all News
Liverpool Labour pledges to build 10,000 rent-to-buy homes to tackle inequality and address affordability
Joe Anderson, Labour’s candidate for Mayor has announced that if Labour wins the Mayoral election in Liverpool he will create a new council-owned housing company, to directly compete with private developers in order to meet … Continued
On the day her Majesty the Queen was officially naming the new Crossrail line, I was in Parliament, speaking at the launch of a major new report making the case for Liverpool’s infrastructure. A report … Continued
Joe's JournalView all Journals
As we enter into 2016, I want to issue a heartfelt thank you to all the staff and partners of Liverpool City Council. Every year since 2010 there has been less money available to us … Continued